The Social Justice Council of First Unitarian oversees the work of the Social Justice Ministry. The mission of the Social Justice Council is to:
- coordinate and support the congregation’s efforts to advocate, educate, organize, serve, and witness for social change, and
- establish First Unitarian Church of San José as a catalyst for social justice in our community.
The Social Justice Ministry seeks to engage our congregation in an ongoing and ever-expanding dialogue about how we make the Unitarian Universalist Principles real in our daily lives; provide a wide variety of opportunities for taking action on these principles; and create a congregation of informed and engaged citizens.
- FUCSJ Social Justice Ministry participates in People Acting in Community Together (PACT) and supports the Unitarian Universalist Legislative Ministry, California.
- Get more resources concerning successful social justice programs at the UUA.
- The UUA and affiliate organizations offer a variety of ways to join with other UUs across the country to create a more peaceful world.
- Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
Social Justice Council