This week, wherever you are in the book, please do skim or skip ahead to Chapter 6 (Karin’s first-person experience with First Parish UU in Cambridge, MA) (or quickly review it if it has been a while). Please consider these prompts:
- What does Karin, a woman of color, feel and experience in her Unitarian Universalist congregations and other settings?
- What obstacles does Karin face to feeling welcome in her UU congregations?
- What specific steps does First Parish take to create a more radical welcome?
- What do you learn from this chapter that you want to “bring home” to FUCSJ?
- What burning questions are arising for you as you move through “Mistakes and Miracles”?
The e-book is available wherever you get your online copies.
Or go directly to the UUA bookstore: https://www.
Here’s the Zoom link: https://bit.ly/FUCSJ-